Villa del Casato
The two-floor villa is built in stone using traditional methods and has a beautiful large garden with typically Tuscan flowers and herbs. The windows offer an all-round view of the beauty and the peace of the countryside. Two separate entrances give guests the utmost in privacy. The building has been restored by local workmen using only local construction methods and materials. The beautiful, sophisticated interiors are rustic in style and provide all the comforts you could need.
- Lime plastered walls
- Tuscan terracotta flooring, shaped and treated with oil
- Dressed large stone slab bathroom walls and opus incertum stone flooring
- Ceilings with beams and terracotta tiling
Doors and windows
- Windows double-glazed to the legal standard
- Extra-large doors, panelling and cupboards/wardrobes in white washed wood, brushed and glossed by hand
Furniture and decorations
- Several frescoes depicting Italian landscape scenes decorate the rooms
- Furnishings are Tuscan-inspired with modern details and materials
- Polished or sandblasted stone is used in the large bathrooms, designed for maximum comfort
- Thermostatic taps and rain effect shower heads are a feature of all the showers
- Natural surface colours and shades accentuate the harmony of the rooms
- Hand-planed chestnut tables
- Waxed chestnut headboards, precious dark gloss chests of drawers and Tuscan-style bronze decorations
- Natural linen fabrics and curtains
- Distressed leather sofas
- Forged and wrought iron accessories
- Bronze or terracotta lamps complement the interior decorations, creating rooms that are rustic but very comfortable and sophisticated
- A ground floor suite with a large living room and direct access to the garden.
- The lounge-dining room features:
- White washed, hand-glossed oak panelling
- A study corner with bookcase and desk
- Linen upholstery
- A precious distressed leather Chesterfield sofa
- Rustic straw chairs
- White washed wood console table
- Precious chest of drawers
- The kitchen features white washed oak with a long slate work surface and a wine cellar.
- 2 double rooms on the first floor with independent access from the suite: they are connected to the suite by internal travertine marble stairs.
- Full bathroom with toilets separate from the bathroom area
- Shower tray in solid brushed stone, 95 cm x 85 cm
- Kaldewei steel bathtub with stone finish
- Two sinks in specially designed solid stone
- All rooms have a 36” television
- The largest room features a bathroom with steel bathtub, a large 140×82 cm shower, and two sinks in solid stone. The bathroom has a panoramic window. The other room, without bathtub, has a 140×90 cm shower. Both bathrooms have separate toilet facilities. This bathroom also has a large panoramic window.